Wednesday 12 December 2012

When Church finds others things to talk about!

I am rather confused regarding just what 'Church' is all about; for I naively thought it was generally all about Jesus and how He died for us (all) and His (God's) love and all that sort of stuff and yet I appear to be wrong.

What we are apparently supposed to talk about is women bishops and how we need to be seen to be concerned with equality and rights and issues of power and authority.

This morning I awoke to read that supporters of the consecration of women feel that the time has come for 'compromise to be abandoned' and listened on my radio to clerics explaining how we needed to be seen to be doing what society views as 'the right thing'.

I am surrounded by people (from outside the Church) who want to talk about same-sex marriage and  by those (within it) who are sticking their fingers in their ears and singing loudly ('I can't hear you, I can't hear you!").

Actually, here's what I thought we (the Church) should really be doing today:

Talking about Jesus

Looking like Jesus in all that we do

Living like Jesus in both public and private areas of our life

Loving like Jesus loved (sacrificially) and lives (lovingly admonishing, enabling and accepting)

But it seems that, if what I hear and read are true, I am indeed merely confused!

1 comment:

  1. Yep I agree ..... all the chatter may be about important matters but maybe not the really important matters ......

    ReplyDelete